This is one of the new recipes I have found lately that Justin LOVES! Honestly, it is not hard to make! It goes pretty quick! I think!
You can also find this recipe along with pictures to help at http://scdfoodie.com/scd-cinnamon-rolls-breakfast-or-dessert/
1 3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
4 tablespoons butter (MUST be room temperature – NOT melted – don’t skip this step)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2-4 tablespoons honey (as sweet as you like)
1/4 cup coconut milk canned full fat (cold – scrape cream off top)
Note: If you need to use the coconut oil to be dairy free, use the coconut oil when iti s hard. Try to keep it some where that it won’t melt while you do this process.
1. In a bowl add all flour, baking soda and salt, mix to combine.
2. Add eggs and honey to the flour mix and incorporate well.
3. Add the butter and “smash” it into the batter well. You should end up with a dough ball – not loose batter.
4. Spray two pieces of parchment with non stick spray and put the ball of dough in between. Press to flatten into somewhat of a rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick.
5. Remove the top piece of parchment and sprinkle the cinnamon over the dough to cover.
6. Drizzle the honey over the cinnamon.
7. Grab one end of the parchment and start to roll the dough, using the parchment as a guide and to help repair any cracks. Shape the roll into a log and thin it out as you roll.
8. Once rolled, spray a knife with non stick spray and cut 1.5 inch segments (I use a piece of thread and tie to cut through the dough) and place on a greased sheet of parchment.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-20 minutes. Just watch them!
10. Scrape cream off the top of chilled coconut milk and mix honey in tasting as you add. Let rolls cool a bit and drizzle over!