I found this recipe on Facebook following “The Paleo Mom” (Please note that all of these recipes are not SCD Legal, but alot of the illegal ingredients can be easily substituted.) I plan on making these tomorrow for Justin while we are smoking some meat on the grill. I will let you know how we like them!
Barbecued Stuffed Bananas – http://www.thepaleomom.com/2013/02/grugs-barbecued-stuffed-bananas-a-recipe-inspired-by-the-croods.html
•2 large or 3 medium very ripe bananas
•¼ cup chopped raw pecans
•¼ cup chopped raw walnuts
•½ tsp cinnamon
•¼ tsp nutmeg
•¼ tsp ginger
•¼ tsp allspice
•1/8 tsp cloves
•1/8 tsp cardamom
1. Chop nuts fairly finely (it’s okay if they aren’t completely evenly chopped). Combine chopped nuts with spices and mix to evenly coat.
2. Slice bananas lengthwise about three quarters of the way through the banana (careful not to cut the peel underneath). Spread the banana open and fill the groove with the nut and spice mixture.
3. Barbecue on a medium to moderately hot grill for 14-18 minutes (time will vary based on the size of your bananas and how hot your grill is). The peel will darken (and maybe turn completely black) which is normal. You know they’re done when the peels are dark, the banana is bubbling away and they smell fantastic!
4. Alternatively, place stuffed bananas on a cookie sheet (line with parchment paper, tin foil or a silicone liner to make clean-up easier) and bake at 425F in the middle of the oven for 12-14 minutes.
5. Remove from the grill (or oven) and enjoy warm! Eat with a spoon scooping right out of the peel!