Mom Wendy told me about this recipe a while back and said her son loved it. I’ve been hounding her for the recipe! I will be trying this soon!
CHICKEN, BACON AND SPINACH QUICHE
Coconut Flour Pastry
½ Cup Butter, Melted
¾ Cup Coconut Flour
½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- Blend coconut flour and salt together in a bowl. Whisk together the butter and eggs. Stir into the coconut flour and salt. Keep mixing until it comes together as a wet dough.
- Press into a well-greased 9 inch pie dish. It won’t behave like ordinary dough, you’ll have to do a fair amount of pressing with your hands – but it comes out fine.
- Prick the bottom with a fork several times. Bake at 375* degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
1 Large boneless, skinless chicken breast diced into snack cubes (I used chicken thighs)
4 slices thick bacon, finely chopped
1 small onion, chopped
4 Cups baby spinach leaves (or 2 generous handfuls – I used 2 pkgs frozen chopped spinach)
1 Tablespoon Butter
¼ cup SCD milk (I used coconut milk)
½ cup Cheddar Cheese, grated (I probably used about ¾ cup)
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and gently fry the onions, chicken and bacon approx. 10 minutes. Add in the spinach and stir until it wilts. Take pan off heat.
- Pour the chicken/bacon/spinach mixture into your pastry and evenly distribute in the pan.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, cheese and season with salt and pepper. Pour the liquid egg mixture into the pie dish until the chicken mixture is covered.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes and/or until firm. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.