I found this recipe on Pinterest! It looks like an awesome recipe that would be easy to whip up for the kids!!! Hope your child loves it!!!! (http://www.scdforlife.com/2013/08/scd-recipe-grilled-apple-sandwiches.html)
Grilled Apple Sandwiches
1 granny smith apple
1 Tbsp butter for frying
1 slice cheddar cheese
2 slices crisp bacon
Grilled Peanut Butter:
1 Tbsp peanut butter
a few raisins
large flake coconut – no sugar
1. Slice apples so you get flat discs – I was able to make 4 from one apple.
2. Carefully remove core from each slice.
3. Melt butter over medium heat – use half the butter for each sandwich.
4. Place toppings on each apple.
5. For the cheese and bacon – place bacon so it covers the holes.
6. Place cheese in between each slice of bacon.
7. Place apple sandwich in pan (I cooked mine one at a time).
8. Cook for 90 seconds per side over medium heat.
I don’t know that I’ve seen “large” flake coconut for SCD. I might put a few sprinkles of the coconut I have on there or just leave that off. Use your imagination. That’s one thing as you get familiar with SCD is to use your imagination. Look at SCD legal and Non-legal recipes and learn to improvise and make your own recipes. And be sure to email them to us and share your favorites with us! We are all looking for new recipes to treat our children with!!!