I found this recipe on Facebook and tweeked it to an SCD recipe. My 13 year old son, Justin, loved it. He especially liked the Spiced Pecans so I will post the pecan recipe here as well as on another post so you can pull it up easily if you are looking for it later. I will double or triple the pecan recipe next time. He wants those for a snack.
Strawberry Arugula Salad
(I will type the recipe as I found it on Facebook and what I substituted beside it. Substitute your favorites instead.)
2.5 oz fresh arugula, about half tub (I just used the spring mix I had in the fridge)
1 cup spiced pecans, recipe below
1/2 lb fresh strawberries sliced
1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese, optional (I do not believe goat cheese is SCD legal, I used swiss cheese)
Lime vinaigrette, recipe below
* Toss salad, strawberries and pecans.
* Top with cheese.
* Drizzle dressing over salad immediately befroe serving.
1 cup pecan halves
1 Tbsp coconut oil
2 tsp honey
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cardamom (I left this out. It’s $10-12 at the grocery store and I haven’t bought any yet.)
* Heat skillet over med-high heat. Add coconut oil and honey. Add pecans and stir to coat.
* Sprinkle spices over pecans and stir to coat.
* Continue stirring constantly and cook until pecans have browned and are fragrant, 5-6 minutes. Watch carefully to make sure they don’t burn.
* Pour out onto a plate and let cool.
Juice of one lime, approx. 2 Tbsp
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/8 tsp fresh cracked pepper to taste
* Mix well and pour onto salad immediately or mix again right before use.