We all need something quick and easy for breakfast! Hope you enjoy this recipe.
3-Ingredient Grain Free Banana Pancakes
8 ounces ripe peeled banana (a little more than 2 medium-please weigh the banana for accuracy)
2 large whole eggs + 1 egg whites
3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon coconut flour
2 to 3 teaspoons coconut oil (for cooking/frying)
1. Smash the bananas in a bowl with a fork until the mixture is wet and smooth.
2. Add in the two eggs and the egg white and whip with a fork until well incorporated.
3. Add in the coconut flour and mix thoroughly. Allow to rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
4. While the batter is resting, heat the coconut oil in a non-stock pan or cast iron skillet.
5. Mix the batter again and add to the skillet in small scoops (best to do two tablespoons at a time). Remember to cook on low heat so the inside cooks through without burning the outside. Cook on each side for about 3 minutes. Cooking in oil like this takes a little skill. It may take a few tries to get the heat right and to know when to flip. The less batter you use obviously, the easier they are to manage.
6. Transfer to a plate and drizzle with honey.