I had to share this recipe! Can’t wait to try it! So many good recipes! So little time! Lol
Zucchini Pizza Crust
2 cups zucchini, finely grated, lightly packed
1/2-3/4 cup almond meal (I will just use almond four. I don’t have the meal here at the house.)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon salt, you don’t need much because the zucchini will retain some
1. Place the grated zucchini in a strainer.
2. Sprinkle the zucchini with the salt, toss it to dispense.
3. Place the strainer over a large bowl and let the zucchini drain for about 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
5. Place the grated zucchini into a dry dish towel, and wring the towel over the sink until the water from the zucchini is squeezed out.
6. Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
7. Add almond meal as needed to make a dough (not too wet, not too dry)
8. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, spread the zucchini mix out into an oval shape. Can use a fork to do this, and press it down to compact it as well.
9. Place the pan on the bottom rack of the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
10. Then place the pan on the top rack of the oeven for about 8 minutes, until browned.
11. Remove the pan and flip the crust.
12. Bake for another 5 minutes.
13. Remove the crust.
14. Turn the oven up to 500 degrees.
15. Top the pizza with sauce or pesto, cheese, vegetables, meat…whatever floats your pizza boat!
16. Place the pan back into the oven on the bottom rack and bake for 3-4 minutes. Again, place the pan on the top rack for about 2 minutes.
17. Remove and let cool for 5-10 minutes to let everything set.