Do you take your child to see a GI Doctor in Atlanta, GA, at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta – GI Care For Kids??? EVEN IF YOUR CHILD DOES NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR PLEASE TAKE TIME TO ANSWER QUESTIONS 4-9. I WILL PUT THE INFORMATION TOGETHER AND POST A SUMMARY. I THINK THIS WOULD BE A GREAT ENCOURAGEMENT FOR OTHER MOMS!!! THANKS!
Dr. Cohen, is my son’s GI Doctor at GI Care For Kids in Atlanta, GA. He started the SCD Diet test study Justin started 3 years ago when he was diagnosed with Crohn’s. His research nurse, Angela, called me yesterday and said he is asking for us to put together a list of children that attend their practice and are on the diet. I added the other questions just to summarize some results for other moms as encouragement.
PLEASE respond by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the answers to the following IF your child sees a doctor at GI Care For Kids AND is/or was on the SCD Diet. I think email would be better for privacy reasons instead of commenting here. All emails need to be to me by Monday, September 8. Thank you!
1. Child First & Last Name
2. Parents Name
3. GI Doctor Name
4. Child’s Age
5. Estimated time on SCD Diet (example – 3 years, February, 2011 – present)
6. Does your child follow the diet strictly or do they cheat or is it off and on? (example – follows diet most of the time, cheats socially)
7. How is your child doing on the diet? (example – Justin is medication free and symptom free on the diet)
8. Where did you hear about the SCD Diet? (example – My son’s doctor was doing a test study when he was diagnosed and we were offered medication or trying the study.)
9. Anything else you would like to share. (example – The diet is challenging and hard to get my son to stick to it strictly. AND/OR The diet has been a blessing and great alternative to medication. I am thankful our doctor gave it to us as an option!)
Thank you for responding! This should be interesting! If anyone is interested in reading the test study results from our doctor in Atlanta on the SCD Diet, email me and let me know and I will forward it to you.