Mom Jody shared this new snack her and her daughter found at Whole Foods. Her daughter really likes them! Thanks, Jody! We will be looking for these and try them!
Mom Jody also has an SCD praise report coming soon! Be looking for it! You do not want to miss it!
Naked Edge Snacks
I found this today! Looks like some tasty alternatives. We have ordered the granola on Digestive Wellness before, but it’s not flavored. We will have to try one of these!
It’s great to find food ideas I make the kids feel included in the festivities while on SCD! Share your ideas with us!
These Cherry Fruit Snacks look like a great summer snack! Let us know how your child likes them!
Cherry Fruit Snacks
One of our moms here on the blog shared these Paleo Wraps with me. I have been looking around locally for them ever since.
I saw them on Facebook at http://www.julianbakery.com. Use the coupon code 1776 to get $5 off.
I called one more place locally that I hadn’t checked and found them! Yeah! I could order them and have them delivered for the same price I bought them locally though. Justin and I tried one with lunch meat, cheese, spinach leaves and mustard. We liked it! We can’t wait to try burritos and breakfast wraps!
The ingredient list is also pictured below. I heard recently on one Facebook page that coconut water is not legal, but various websites online say it is legal. Please do your own research and decide what you think. We have always used coconut water.
It’s that time of year again! Can you believe the school year is almost over!? The years seem to go by faster and faster. Alot of families are about to be traveling on vacations and spending days at the water parks and ball parks!
How do you survive those long days away from home and on unfamiliar territories on the SCD Diet?
I have always packed a small cooler filled with a variety of snacks for my son to choose from. I make sure I have plenty if he’s hungry and a variety so he has something to choose from. I would pack a variety of things like:
* fruit snacks – variety of flavors and at least 4-5 (When other kids are eating fruit roll ups and candy this is somthing similar I find he is comfortable eating.) (If you haven’t found legal ones in your grocery store you can find them on http://www.digestivewellness.com. I stock up on them when I order.)
* beef jerky – when I find legal beef jerky I stock up on it, boys love this snack (When we first started the diet I would make my own.)
* fruit variety – grapes, banana, strawberries, etc.
* raisins – a trail mix of dried fruit – apricots, raisins, etc. (your child’s favorites)
* dehydrated pineapple – a summertime favorite of Justin’s
* There are varieties of freeze dried fruits at Walmart and grocery stores.
* I try to keep cookies in the freezer so I can have some handy for days like this.
* Small containers of orange juice and grape juice and water.
* legal fruit cups (fruit in own juice)
* legal bars (Laura Bars, etc.)
* carrots, other veggie strips
Please comment and let us know what you pack! We could all use new ideas!
Mom Jody shared these new bars she found that are SCD legal! She found them at her Whole Foods! These bars have dates, cashews, almonds and sea salt. Be sure to read the labels before purchasing to make sure the variety you purchase is legal as well! Thanks Jody! Share you SCD finds with us, Moms!